Sunday, April 19, 2009

Art Walk treats

For the art walk, I wanted to class it up a little, but stick some Southern Charm in there. So, I made some Red Velvet Cake Truffles, using dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate. This time, I used Scharffen Berger cocoa, as opposed to my usual Hershey's standby, and you can definitely tell the difference - it is totally worth the added cost! I will no more use Hershey's in my Red Velvet cakes!

Red Velvet Truffles

In keeping with the Southern theme started with the Red Velvet idea, I also made mini Hummingbird Cupcakes with Orange Marmalade frosting. I will tell you - the frosting is my new favorite. You have to make sure you use GOOD marmalade though (rule of thumb: oranges, NOT sugar, should be the first ingredient listed), otherwise I'm sure it would be too sweet!

Hummingbird Cupcakes with Orange Marmalade Frosting

I hope everyone enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment