Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A very special first birthday

I had the opportunity this week to do another Icing Smiles cake. These cakes continue to be some of my favorites to do, because I get to bring a smile to someone's face, who is otherwise facing very, very challenging days. It is such a small effort on my part, and it's an honor to have an impact on someone else's day.

This cake was for a first birthday celebration for a little boy who has been in medical care since birth. It was such an important celebration for the family, who has dealt with so many ups and downs over the past year, and I'm lucky to have been a part of it. I was even able to meet the little boy when I dropped the cake off!

No specific theme was requested, so I thought a general transportation theme would be adorable for a little boy.


Final cake! 
Mark's family LOVED the cake, and I'm so happy to have been a part of their special day.

xoxo,
Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment